Today, we’re excited to announce the introduction of Google Sites as part of Google Apps.
Google Sites makes creating a team web site as easy as editing a document. You can quickly gather a variety of information in one place — including videos, calendars, presentations, attachments, and gadgets — and easily share it for viewing or editing with a small group, your entire organization, or the world.
As of today, Google Sites is enabled for keege.com, which means your users can get started immediately. To help you announce this new offering to your users, we’ve included a template message below that you’re welcome to use.
You can learn more about Google Sites at http://www.google.com/a/help/intl/en/users/sites.html.
To find more information or get in touch, visit our Help Center at http://www.google.com/support/a. Please do not reply to this email; replies are not monitored.
The Google Apps Team
Google has just released a new product called Google Sites, and you can start using it today!
What is Google Sites?
It’s an online application that makes creating a team web site as easy as editing a document. You can quickly gather a variety of information in one place — including videos, calendars, presentations, attachments, and gadgets — and easily share it for viewing or editing with a small group, their entire organization, or the world.
* Anyone can do it — Building a site is as simple as editing a document, and you don’t need anyone’s help to get started.
* Share from one place — Create a single place to bring together all the information your team needs to share, including docs, videos, photos, calendars and attachments.
* Work together — Invite co-workers, classmates, or your entire organization to edit your site with you to keep it fresh and up-to-date. And let as many or few people view your site as you want.
Take a look at some example sites to see how you might use Google Sites:
* Company intranet — http://sites.google.com/a/organic-city.com/intranet/Home
* Team project — http://sites.google.com/a/altostrat.com/project-eggplant/Home
* Employee profile — http://sites.google.com/a/altostrat.com/jkraus/Home
* Classroom — http://sites.google.com/a/googleclassrooms.org/mrs-richau/Home
* Student club — http://sites.google.com/a/googleuniversity.org/ski-club/Home
To start using Google Sites, go to http://sites.google.com/a/keege.com
If you have questions, visit the Google Sites Help Center at http://www.google.com/support/sites.